Deciding on which DNA testing company to use for your test is the first step you need to take before you actually take the test. That decision should be made with all seriousness.
The DNA testing market in Nigeria (and elsewhere) is still largely unregulated and, as the science grows and word-of-mouth spreads, there are many companies who are offering the service to the public.
There are a number of points to consider when choosing a DNA testing center, especially in Nigeria.
- Accreditation: With something as sensitive as DNA testing, it is important to choose the right center with all of the right medical licenses and accreditation, with trusted and certified laboratories to carry out these types of tests and accurately. ISO 9001 is a must. It will also be better if your chosen lab has international accreditations.
- Reliability: It is important that the DNA testing center you choose is one that you can depend on. One with the highest quality of results and the highest point of accuracy to avoid errors and false results.
- Convenience: When it comes to DNA testing, you want to take convenience into consideration as well. The right test centre for you should offer a stress-free experience. Do they offer home sample collection? Are they centrally located? Do they offer flexible appointments? These and other questions should be answered in the affirmative.
- Cost: It is important to consider a reasonable and affordable price point when considering centers for DNA testing. You want to make sure that you are paying and getting your money’s worth of service with your DNA testing center. While you don’t want to choose strictly on price, it’s good to know costs ahead of time so you know what you’re getting into.
- Customer Service: This is the deal maker or breaker of any business. DNA testing is a very sensitive and fragile process. It is important to be rest assured that the center or company you are testing with not just cares about a sale, but cares about you and your needs. A company that is with you every step of the way to inform and guide you through the testing process.
Smart DNA offers fully accredited DNA testing to clients all over Nigeria. We understand that your decision to seek a DNA test is a sensitive issue especially in a country like Nigeria, and this is why we have a team of fully trained individuals to ensure that we make the procedure as seamless as possible. Our services are accessible to not only individuals but courts, embassies and immigration offices. For more information about our services, speak to our care experts on +234 802 984 0246